Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Forwarded on behalf of Washington State Transportation Department
Travelers on westbound Interstate 90 should prepare for traffic delays Sept. 16th through Sept. 22nd. Washington State Department of Transportation will be repairing the Raging River Bridge deck in Preston and replacing 14 drainage lids and utility covers in Mercer Island.
WSDOT contractor crews will close lanes in two separate locations along westbound I-90 throughout next week to complete some much-needed rehabilitation work. All of this is part of a larger $21.7 million project.
Preston bridge deck repair work
Beginning Sunday night, Sept. 16th, crews will close a single lane of westbound I-90 across the Raging River Bridge, located just east of the Preston/Fall City off-ramp (exit 22), until Friday morning, Sept. 21st. This around-the-clock and weather-dependent closure will give them room to grind and repave the left half of the bridge deck.
8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16th to 5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 21st:
• The left lane of westbound I-90 will be closed.
• The two open lanes will be shifted to the right.
• The speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph.
Crews will complete work on the right half of the bridge Sept. 23rd through 28th, weather dependent.
Mercer Island drainage lid and utility cover replacement work
Beginning Monday night, Sept. 17th, crews will close a single lane of westbound I-90 between Bellevue and Mercer Island to cut around 14 old drainage lids and utility covers. This work will occur nightly through Friday, Sept. 21st. On Saturday, Sept. 22nd, they will remove the pre-cut lids and covers, and replace them with new ones that have a more permanent seal.
7 to 10 p.m. nightly, Monday, Sept. 17th through Friday, Sept. 21st:
• A single lane of westbound I-90 between Bellevue Way and the floating bridge will be closed.
6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22:
• Westbound I-90 traffic will be reduced to two lanes between Bellevue Way and the floating bridge.
• The Bellevue Way, East Mercer Way and 76th Avenue Southeast on-ramps to westbound I-90 will be closed.
To help minimize delays, travelers should consider taking transit, carpooling, delaying discretionary trips and using alternate routes.
Tools to help you know before you go:
• Check the Seattle area traffic and cameras webpage.
• Download the WSDOT mobile app.
• Follow @WSDOT Traffic on Twitter for real-time information.
• Visit our Weekly Travel Planner webpage.