Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
City of North Bend snow plow crews have been working round the clock to clear city streets in the wake of the storm. Acting Public Works Director Tom Mohr reported that approximately 60% of Priority 1 roads have been plowed at this time and crews are continuing to work to clear as many roads as possible. However, many arterials and side roads are impassable and cannot safely be reached by the plows.
Snow Plow Route Map
City’s Action Plan for Snow Removal:
1. Continue plowing/clearing heavy snow and sanding for Priority 1 routes.
2. Obtain additional plows, drivers and sand to provide relief to public works crews.
3. Monitor wastewater treatment plant and lift station operations due to increased flows and potential power outages.
4. Respond to utility main breaks and tree/branch falls on public roads and ROW.
5. Focus plowing efforts on Priority 2 routes once Priority 1 routes are clear.
6. Focus plowing efforts on Priority 3 routes once Priority 1 & 2 routes are clear.
7. Begin public works preparation for localized flooding events that may occur due to snow melt. Identify routes or areas that may be impacted by flooding/slush/standing water.
8. Clean catch basins, monitor ditches and conveyance channels and prepare sandbags as needed.
9. Survey parks and public spaces that may have been impacted by snow, fallen branches/trees and flooding.
10. Provide assistance to schools, businesses, and residents as needed.
The weather forecast calls for additional snow accumulations of up to 3 inches through 10 p.m. in our area as well as a 50% chance of rain starting this evening. Dropping temperatures will make for icy road conditions for morning travelers. The City recommends residents only go out if absolutely imperative and to use extreme caution if you must be on the road.
Remember these Tips for Driving in the Snow:
Please check the City’s website under News & Highlights for updated road conditions and other weather-related information, such as trash service and transportation updates.